Bio Bags 33 gallon trash bags. 33" x 42" x .72 mil 20 bags per roll.
Bio Bags 33 gallon trash bags for lawn and leaf, or general cleanup. BioBags are the leading selling biodegradable and compoastable bags in the world. Made from polymers, an annually renewable resource, BioBags will fully compost in 30-60 days in composting conditions.
BioBags are widely used by municipalities who have composting programs, such as the City of San Francisco, the City of Boulder (CO), the City of Columbus (OH) and several large communities throughout Europe.
You can use these bags for collecting organic waste like food scraps, leaves and yard waste. Or, use BioBag compostable bags in your home instead of petroleum-based plastic trash bags because they are better for the environment!
- BioBag products are certified by the Biodegradable Products Institute to meet the ASTM D6400 specification. The BPI logo is shown at the bottom of this page. Always look for the logo to assure the products you buy are truly biodegradable and compostable.
- BioBag products meet the new California law, SB 1749, for biodegradable and compostable product claims.
- BioBags are certified GMO Free. Furthermore, we only source corn from countries that do not allow GMO testing.
- No polyethylene is used in the production of BioBags.
- BioBags are DEN certified for restricted use of metals in our soy-based inks and dyes.
- BioBags are shelf stable, just like paper plates or paper towels. There are no chemical additives to enhance decomposition. The bags biodegrade naturally when expose to the earth's elements and micro-organisms in the soil.
- BioBags "breathe", which allows heat and moisture to escape or evaporate. This feature reduces bacterial build-up of collected waste, thus reducing odor.
- BioBags will decompose in a controlled composting environment in 10-45 days, leaving no harmful residues behind.
- BioBags will decompose in a natural setting at an extended rate comparable to other naturally biodegradable materials, such as paper, leaves and food waste.
- BioBags will biodegrade in both fresh and salt water. Australian studies suggest decomposition occurs between 8-14 months. We do not support placing any material in our oceans, lakes or waterways.
Certifications & Testing
Nr S-US1: US Composting council
This plastic product meets ASTM #D6400-99, "Standard Specifications for
Compostable Plastics", and is intended to be composted in a municipal
or commercial facility operated in accordance with best composting
management practices. Check to see if such a facility exists in your
California SB 1749
BioBag products meet the new California law regarding biodegradable and compostable product claims.
Call us directly for case or large quantity prices 1-877-680-6010.